What is a child or adolescent psychiatrist?
The child and adolescent psychiatrist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and the treatment of disorders of thinking, feeling and/or behavior affecting children, adolescents, and their families. A child and adolescent psychiatrist offers families the advantages of a medical education, the medical traditions of professional ethics, and medical responsibility for providing comprehensive care. We know how important your little one is and we pride ourselves in making sure that your child has the absolute best care in the metroplex!
- → An in-depth exploration into psychological, biological, medical and social causes of emotional distress. This will help formulate a diagnosis and then create a plan or path for treatment. The first visit will take about an hour, sometimes a bit longer. You will be involved in:
- An in depth survey into your medical, family, social, and emotional history
- An exploration into your symptoms and concerns
- A basic medical check up including vitals
- The creation or formulation of your specific treatment goals with desired outcome