Ladies and Gentlemen whether you are at a bar, restaurant or in any public setting, keep yourself safe on a date or out with friends by doing these simple things you will be safe.
- Never leave your drink unattended.
- Do not accept open-container drinks from anyone but a bartender or server.
- If you are accepting a drink, make sure it is from an unopened container and that you open the container yourself.
- Be wary about accepting drinks from anyone you do not know well or long enough to trust.
- Attend parties or visit bars with a group of friends, arranging beforehand to watch each other’s drinks.
- If you arrive as a group, leave as a group.
- Watch out for your friends. If a friend shows symptoms of date-rape drug ingestion, seek medical attention immediately.
- Notify other females/males you know about the effects of these dangerous drugs.
- If you think that you have been a victim, notify the authorities immediately.
If by any chance you believe you were violated in any manner call 911 or go the nearest hospital emergency department for treatment. If you want to report the incident, call the police and preserve the evidence do not shower, change clothes, or brush your teeth until you get a medical exam.
Try not to urinate; I know this may be hard but very important until the medical/legal evidence has been collected at the hospital. Your urine can be tested for the presence of sedating drugs. The sooner you get to the hospital, the more likely the drug will be found in your system. Get emotional support and help, do be ashamed, or embarrassed.
Written By- Maria Romeo – Therapist