International Women’s Day is a day dedicated to honoring women from every background, and showing appreciation for the triumphs and sacrifices the women in our own lives take daily. International Women’s Day is an inspirational, necessary celebration that empathizes the importance of women in our society and raises awareness for female issues.
There are many fun and creative ways you can celebrate International Women’s Day while learning more about all the incredible women have done through history.
- Tell the women in your life why you are grateful for them. Expressing gratitude and giving thanks to the females you cherish is a great way to make them feel loved.
- Read and purchase books written about women. Difficult Women by Roxane Gay (linked at the bottom of the page) is a collection of stories about the challenges women can face in modern day America.
- Watch a film that highlights powerful women and learn something from it! The movie Hidden Figures with Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer & Janelle Monae is an uplifting story about a trio of female NASA scientists who sent the first American astronaut into space.
- Take some time to reflect on the strong women you once had in your life that may no longer be there. Honor their memory by sharing fun stories.
- Attend an International Women’s Day event! The Dallas Museum of Art will be hosting an exhibit of Women Artists in Europe: From Monarchy to Modernism where audiences can enjoy some classical art pieces created by talented women.
On March 8th, 2019 take some time to reflect on the powerful impact present and women of the past have had on your life. Lift, encourage and support women across your community to build a stronger world.
“International Women’s Day 2019.” International Women’s Day, www.internationalwomensday.com/
Written by Aly Bowles – Social Media Coordinator